Are you looking for an employer that will invest in you and reward hard work?
How about an inspiring company culture, productive work environment, regular social events including annual company-wide summer socials, departmental social events, access to sports teams, walking challenges, and our newest book club to name but a few. Because life matters!
A fantastic opportunity to join our growing VAT and Indirect Tax Department at PKF Smith Cooper. Our VAT team has a wealth of experience including that gained from working across all areas of indirect tax including Big 4, Industry, HMRC and the SME Owner Managed market. We are commercially minded and understand the impact indirect tax has, to allow us to deliver the best results for our clients.
We are ideally placed to provide specialised advice, and due to the continued growth of the business, we require an Assistant Adviser to work alongside the team to provide a range of specialist and comprehensive VAT compliance & advisory services to our clients across the Midlands.
Why this role you ask? We are a fast growing, entrepreneurial unit, where every member is empowered to take ownership of their respective careers. Promotional opportunities, therefore, are open ended with everyone in the team having the chance to progress as high up the career ladder as they want as they become more experienced.
The important work you will be doing:
- Assisting in the preparation of VAT returns and computations for UK and International VAT registrations.
- Filing Making Tax Digital submissions.
- Preparing other HMRC forms for senior review, including VAT registration applications, and options to tax on land and property.
- Liaising with HMRC and other professionals regarding client affairs.
- Ensuring that professional ethical procedures are adhered to.
- Managing and updating the in-house database for client details Working with specialists from all areas of tax and the wider Smith Cooper team.
- Liaising with clients on day-to-day tax matters.
- Working on a variety of clients and projects.
Why PKF Smith Cooper?
- Our company culture, built on our values – Engage, Empower and Excel – encourages initiative, personal growth, and collaboration. Every team member is appreciated and celebrated; a notion embodied in our Kudos Reward Scheme.
- The firm’s Partners, who remain actively invested in the development of employees, will both support and champion your professional development and progression.
- We work with ambitious businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors, so no two jobs are the same.
- We are a multi-award-winning accountancy and business advisory firm in the Accountancy Age Top 11.
As an active member of PKF International, we are part of a large global network of legally independent accounting firms.
Located in the 5 fastest growing global markets, we have ground presence in 150 countries and span across many jurisdictions.
An ambitious, future-focused network, PKF provides a comprehensive range of services. Operating in unison with member firms across the world, we can share our ideas, expertise, and specialist resources to better serve our clients, delivering highly personalised services and global connectivity through our client-centric culture.
This partnership gives colleagues the unique opportunity to work collaboratively with their global counterparts on international projects.
What's in it for you?
Our benefits package has been designed around our people and shaped by our values. As part of Team PKF Smith Cooper, here are some of the things you can expect:
- A working environment that empowers you to perform at your best, through our flexible working policy and dress for your diary scheme.
- Time to do what matters to you – 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays, the option to reduce annual hours for additional annual leave, and your birthday off, on us. Long-serving employees can also request a sabbatical, giving you the chance to make truly unforgettable memories.
- Rewards for those who actively embrace and embody our values and culture through our Kudos Reward Scheme.
- Regular social events and annual, company-wide away days, giving you the opportunity to engage with colleagues across your division and office, as well as the wider firm.
- Bonus referral schemes for introducing new talent or clients so that when we benefit, you do too
- Life doesn’t stop at the end of the working day and neither do our benefits. We also offer life assurance, discounts on a huge variety of retailers through the PKF Smith Cooper Rewards Scheme, and cashback on healthcare (including dental visits, physiotherapy etc) through Healthshield.
How to apply?
Apply now if you believe you have what we are looking for! Even if you do not tick 100% of the boxes, we would encourage you to apply. To do so, please upload a copy of your CV and a covering letter to our job portal.
Should you have any questions, please contact Adam Douglass, Recruitment Advisor, at email@example.com
Please note that whilst we welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for our vacancies, we are unfortunately unable to accept applications from candidates requiring a visa to work in the UK.
Please no agencies unless we have contacted you directly.