Location: Derby or Nottingham with flexible hybrid-working from home. Our policy is 60% work from home.
Contract: Full-time, permanent. With study support towards ACCA / CTA professional qualification.
Are you looking for an employer that will invest in you and reward hard work?
How about an inspiring company culture, productive work environment, regular social events including annual company-wide summer socials, departmental social events, access to sports teams, walking challenges, and our newest book club to name but a few. Because life matters!
At PKF Smith Cooper, you’ll be part of a multi-award-winning accountancy and business advisory firm based across the Midlands. We work with businesses of all shapes and sizes to help them solve some of their most complex challenges and achieve success. No two jobs are the same so we’re looking for someone who can adapt and is up for the challenge!
Our people are our most important asset, and we actively encourage training, development, and progression in a friendly and supportive working environment.
Our Tax Graduate Programme:
Working in Tax means much more than just analysing numbers, we really get to know our clients by building close relationships which enables us to better understand their financial performance, business systems, culture, and the risks they face and then to provide crucial advice to them in these areas.
As a member of our Indirect Tax team, you will join us on an ACCA / CTA training contract where you’ll have the chance to gain a deep understanding of a variety of businesses across different sectors – from nationals through to start-ups. You’ll be equipped with valuable technical skills, broad commercial understanding, and in-depth knowledge of different industry sectors to help you achieve the ACA/ACCA Chartered Accountant qualification. Throughout the programme you will be fully supported so you can reach your full potential.
Accountancy is a people-focused profession. Numeracy is expected, but you must also be able to communicate confidently with colleagues and clients, as well as being able to organise yourself and your workload; balance the competing demands on your time; and take personal responsibility for the development of your career.
Benefits of training with PKF Smith Cooper:
A major benefit of training with a firm like PKF Smith Cooper is the depth and variety of assignments you will be involved with. You will have exposure to a wide range of assignments with clients of all sizes with most of them are local to our offices.
With us, you’ll also benefit from involvement from the firm’s partners, who will take a direct interest in your development and support you through your training.
PKF Smith Cooper is also a ICAEW and ACCA Approved Training Employer - a status which recognises the firm's high-quality training and development.
We are a multi-award-winning accountancy and business advisory firm as part of a network in the Accountancy Age Top 11.
As an active member of PKF International, we are part of a large global network of legally independent accounting firms.
Located in the 5 fastest growing global markets, we have ground presence in 150 countries and span across many jurisdictions.
An ambitious, future-focused network, PKF provides a comprehensive range of services. Operating in unison with member firms across the world, we are able to share our ideas, expertise, and specialist resources to better serve our clients, delivering highly-personalised services and global connectivity through our client-centric culture.
What's in it for you?
Our benefits package has been designed around our people and shaped by our values. As part of Team PKF Smith Cooper, here are some of the things you can expect:
- A working environment that empowers you to perform at your best, through our flexible working policy and dress for your diary scheme.
- Time to do what matters to you – 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays, the option to reduce annual hours for additional annual leave, and your birthday off, on us. Long-serving employees can also request a sabbatical, giving you the chance to make truly unforgettable memories.
- Rewards for those who actively embrace and embody our values and culture through our Kudos Reward Scheme.
- Regular social events and annual, company-wide away days, giving you the opportunity to engage with colleagues across your division and office, as well as the wider firm.
- Bonus referral schemes for introducing new talent or clients so that when we benefit, you do too
- Life doesn’t stop at the end of the working day and neither do our benefits. We also offer life assurance, discounts on a huge variety of retailers through the PKF Smith Cooper Rewards Scheme, and cashback on healthcare (including dental visits, physiotherapy etc) through Healthshield.
How to apply?
Apply now if you believe you have what we are looking for! Even if you do not tick 100% of the boxes, we would encourage you to apply. To do so, please upload a copy of your CV and a covering letter to our job portal.
Should you have any questions, please contact Adam Douglass, Recruitment Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that whilst we welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for our vacancies, we are unfortunately unable to accept applications from candidates requiring a visa to work in the UK.
Please no agencies unless we have contacted you directly.