Are you looking for an employer that will invest in you and reward hard work? With us, you’ll benefit from involvement from the firm’s partners, who will take a direct interest in your development and support you to succeed.
How about an inspiring company culture, productive work environment and regular social events including annual company-wide summer socials, departmental social events, access to sports teams, walking challenges, and our newest book club to name but a few?
Our Business Recovery and Insolvency Department in Birmingham have a unique opportunity for an apprentice to join the award-winning team as an Apprentice Insolvency Administrator. Our specialist team work alongside clients in a variety of sectors throughout the region.
You will assist and support the existing team with a wide and varied caseload of primarily corporate insolvency assignments. In addition, the successful candidate may work with the team in providing support to new and existing clients in reviewing their financial position and formulating strategies, where required, in distressed situations.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate to join a flourishing team, with our office centrally located in the commercial heart of Birmingham.
The important work you will be doing:
Initial responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assistance in drafting letters and reports to external stakeholders such as debtors, creditors and financial institutions.
- Assisting in identifying prospective clients and preparing documentation to comply with Money Laundering rules and regulations.
- Preparing documentation to facilitate payment of goods and services provided.
- Depositing client funds.
- Drafting invoices and associated documents in readiness for payment.
- Inputting data into specialist software to record case specific information such as creditor claims.
- Attending client premises to retrieve books and records; and
- General administrative duties comprising photocopying, filing, processing incoming and outgoing post, preparing refreshments for visitors / staff and dealing with telephone calls.
The skills and experience you will bring:
You will be required to have excellent organisational skills, along with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment as a team player. The role also demands both a confident and resilient approach.
As part of being an apprentice, the candidate be required to undertake exams (AAT) to further develop their understanding and to progress their career opportunities within the department and or the firm.
Why PKF Smith Cooper?
- Our company culture, built on our values – Engage, Empower and Excel – encourages initiative, personal growth, and collaboration. Every team member is appreciated and celebrated; a notion embodied in our Kudos Reward Scheme.
- The firm’s Partners, who remain actively invested in the development of employees, will both support and champion your professional development and progression.
- We work with ambitious businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors, so no two jobs are the same.
- We are a multi-award-winning accountancy and business advisory firm in the Accountancy Age Top 11.
As an active member of PKF International, we are part of a large global network of legally independent accounting firms.
Located in the 5 fastest growing global markets, we have ground presence in 150 countries and span across many jurisdictions.
An ambitious, future-focused network, PKF provides a comprehensive range of services. Operating in unison with member firms across the world, we are able to share our ideas, expertise, and specialist resources to better serve our clients, delivering highly-personalised services and global connectivity through our client-centric culture.
What's in it for you?
Our benefits package has been designed around our people and shaped by our values. As part of Team PKF Smith Cooper, here are some of the things you can expect:
- A working environment that empowers you to perform at your best, through our flexible working policy and dress for your diary scheme.
- Time to do what matters to you – 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays, the option to reduce annual hours for additional annual leave, and your birthday off, on us. Long-serving employees can also request a sabbatical, giving you the chance to make truly unforgettable memories.
- Rewards for those who actively embrace and embody our values and culture through our Kudos Reward Scheme.
- Regular social events and annual, company-wide away days, giving you the opportunity to engage with colleagues across your division and office, as well as the wider firm.
- Bonus referral schemes for introducing new talent or clients so that when we benefit, you do too
- Life doesn’t stop at the end of the working day and neither do our benefits. We also offer life assurance, discounts on a huge variety of retailers through the PKF Smith Cooper Rewards Scheme, and cashback on healthcare (including dental visits, physiotherapy etc) through Healthshield.
How to apply?
Apply now if you believe you have what we are looking for! Even if you do not tick 100% of the boxes, we would encourage you to apply. To do so, please upload a copy of your CV and a covering letter to our job portal.
Should you have any questions, please contact Adam Douglass, Recruitment Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that whilst we welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for our vacancies, we are unfortunately unable to accept applications from candidates requiring a visa to work in the UK.
Please no agencies unless we have contacted you directly.