Location: West Midlands. Can be remote based but will need to travel to our Birmingham office when required.
Are you looking for an employer that will invest in you and reward hard work? With us, you’ll benefit from involvement from the firm’s partners, who will take a direct interest in your development and support you to succeed.
How about an inspiring company culture, productive work environment and regular social events including annual company-wide summer socials, departmental social events, access to sports teams, walking challenges, and our newest book club to name but a few?
If you have experience of working in the area of Corporate Tax, we want to hear from you!
As a Corporate Tax Manager, you will be expected to build and maintain relationships with our corporate client base, whilst ensuring all corporate tax compliance requirements are met in a time effective and efficient manner.
You will be predominantly responsible for conducting corporate tax compliance work on a varied portfolio, consisting mainly of owner managed businesses, however, regular opportunities to work on advisory projects will be available if desired.
You will be a key member of the Birmingham tax team and as part of your role, it is essential that you build strong internal relationships with colleagues from other service lines (including audit and our specialist tax advisory teams), to ensure that our clients receive the highest standard of service.
Your role will also include the supervision of junior members of the corporate tax team, and you will be expected to play a key role in their development.
The important work you will be doing:
Your day-to-day duties and key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following;
- Acting as a key point of contact within the firm for our corporate clients, together with the Tax Director. This will involve responding quickly and efficiently to, as well as anticipating client requests/needs, maintaining regular contact with our clients and keeping them informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided.
- You will be expected to take full responsibility for managing the compliance process across our portfolio of corporate tax clients, including taking control of fee raising and cash collection where necessary.
- Reviewing the work prepared by junior members of the team.
- Liaising with HMRC on any client enquiries.
- Ensuring that any assignments for which you are responsible are completed within the agreed budget, whilst keeping the client and Tax Director informed of overruns.
- Ensuring that the firm’s quality control procedures are adhered to
Identifying risks, technical issues, and any planning opportunities, to be raised with the Tax Director, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Participating in bids/proposals for new client opportunities.
The skills and experience you will bring:
- Will have 5 years post qualified experience (ACA, CTA or equivalent qualified).
- Should have a proven track record in corporate tax compliance gained from working within professional service firms. Experience in one or more of the following areas of corporate tax advisory would be beneficial but is not essential:
- Corporate restructuring.
- Capital allowances reviews.
- Research and development tax credits.
- Patent box relief claims.
- Controlled foreign companies.
Why PKF Smith Cooper?
- Our company culture, built on our values – Engage, Empower and Excel – encourages initiative, personal growth, and collaboration. Every team member is appreciated and celebrated; a notion embodied in our Kudos Reward Scheme.
- The firm’s Partners, who remain actively invested in the development of employees, will both support and champion your professional development and progression.
- We work with ambitious businesses of different sizes across a variety of sectors, so no two jobs are the same.
- We are a multi-award-winning accountancy and business advisory firm in the Accountancy Age Top 11.
As an active member of PKF International, we are part of a large global network of legally independent accounting firms.
Located in the 5 fastest growing global markets, we have ground presence in 150 countries and span across many jurisdictions.
An ambitious, future-focused network, PKF provides a comprehensive range of services. Operating in unison with member firms across the world, we are able to share our ideas, expertise, and specialist resources to better serve our clients, delivering highly-personalised services and global connectivity through our client-centric culture.
What's in it for you?
Our benefits package has been designed around our people and shaped by our values. As part of Team PKF Smith Cooper, here are some of the things you can expect:
- A working environment that empowers you to perform at your best, through our flexible working policy and dress for your diary scheme.
- Time to do what matters to you – 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays, the option to reduce annual hours for additional annual leave, and your birthday off, on us. Long-serving employees can also request a sabbatical, giving you the chance to make truly unforgettable memories.
- Rewards for those who actively embrace and embody our values and culture through our Kudos Reward Scheme.
- Regular social events and annual, company-wide away days, giving you the opportunity to engage with colleagues across your division and office, as well as the wider firm.
- Bonus referral schemes for introducing new talent or clients so that when we benefit, you do too
- Life doesn’t stop at the end of the working day and neither do our benefits. We also offer life assurance, discounts on a huge variety of retailers through the PKF Smith Cooper Rewards Scheme, and cashback on healthcare (including dental visits, physiotherapy etc) through Healthshield.
How to apply?
Apply now if you believe you have what we are looking for! Even if you do not tick 100% of the boxes, we would encourage you to apply. To do so, please upload a copy of your CV and a covering letter to our job portal.
Should you have any questions, please contact Adam Douglass, Recruitment Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that whilst we welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for our vacancies, we are unfortunately unable to accept applications from candidates requiring a visa to work in the UK.